Technical professionals, academics, college students and past award recipients (over 18) are invited to volunteer with both local and national Aspirations in Computing programs. Volunteering to work with these talented young women is very rewarding and the time commitment is flexible. Both women and men are encouraged to participate - it takes all of us to make change!
- Application Reviewers We receive thousands of applications and it takes hundreds of people to help us select the winners. You may review applications for your own community or nationwide. The application review and selection process takes place from November 19 - December 3. Reviewers typically spend 2-5 hours per competition selected. Applications are read and scored online at your own pace and detailed instructions are provided. Visit www.ncwit.org/review to sign up online as a reviewer. You can also preview the reviewer instructions. Note: parents and teachers/counselors/mentors of applicants may not review applications.
- Committee Members Local Affiliate Award programs are in need of committee members for publicity, judging, and event planning. This is a great short term volunteer opportunity for corporate volunteers and professional associations. Connect with an established award program in your community and register here to help out.
- Speakers Each local event invites technical professionals to share with the Award recipients and their parents about their experiences as a technical professional. Connect with an established award program in your community to volunteer.
- Affiliate Award Hosts If there isn't a program in your community, we will work with you to start one. Visit Host an Award for details.
- Stay informed about the Aspirations in Computing program - sign up for the newsletter!